The Serological Laboratory of the Centre for Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases is the only centralized laboratory in Astana that conducts screening for syphilis at all stages of the disease. The centralized serological laboratory was organized in the 1950s. The laboratory serves 700,000 people in Astana, all medical organizations of the city, private centers, departmental institutions.
The following studies are carried out:
- Wasserman's reaction (qualitative and quantitative methods);
- Blood test (plasma) for microreaction – express method;
- Investigation of venous blood (inactivating serum) at a micro-reaction;
- Study of spinal fluid (CSF) on Wasserman reaction;
- Rapid HIV testing;
- RPHA (passive hemagglutination reaction).
Head of Serological laboratory – Doctor of the highest qualification category Kaldybekovna Aliya Aliakparovna, more than 30 years of working experience
Doctor, laboratory assistant of the serological laboratory – Yushkova Tatiana Kuzmenchina
There are also 3 laboratory assistants (2 laboratory assistants with the highest qualification category, 1 laboratory assistant with the first qualification category) and 2 junior staff in the laboratory.