The bacteriological laboratory is equipped with modern laboratory equipment, there is a necessary set of reagents, laboratory utensils. There is a permit to work with microorganisms of 3-4 groups of pathogenicity. The laboratory serves the population of Astana in the framework of the rules of guaranteed volume of a free medical care (GVFMC), as well as on a paid basis the categories of persons not included in the GVFMC and nonresident.
The laboratory determines the following spectrum of microorganisms:
Bacteriological sowing is the isolation of the pathogen on the culture of cells treated with various antimetabolites, is one of the best methods for diagnosing sexually transmitted diseases, so-called. “gold standard”.
Various cultures are used for the analysis. The isolation of the pathogen by this method indicates that the causative agent is alive, which is very important for controlling the treatment and determining the sensitivity to antibiotics. It should be noted that the cultural method is quite complex, requires special knowledge and special equipment from the personnel and takes a lot of time. In general, the advantage of this method is its high sensitivity and almost 100% specificity.
There is an automatic microbiological analyzer WALK AWAY “Siemens Diagnostics” in the laboratory. This is a modern automatic analyzer that allows identification of microorganisms within 4 hours and determination of their sensitivity to antibacterial drugs in 4-24 hours. The test spectrum includes more than 360 microorganisms. The analyzer uses a modern fluorescent method of detection. Identification is made on the basis of a patented biotyping system of microorganisms for more than 30 reactions simultaneously, which ensures high specificity and accuracy of the results.
The identification is determined on the analyzer:
- Gram-negative bacteria;
- Gram-positive bacteria;
- Anaerobic, microanerobic bacteria, corynebacteria, lactobacillus;
- Neisseria Haemophilus;
This year the laboratory purchased CO2-incubators for growing gonococci.
Acceptance of tests: from 8 a.m. to 1 pm.
- The bacteriological laboratory has all the necessary facilities to conduct high-quality clinical diagnostic analysis:
- diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases;
- diagnostics of parasitic diseases;
- diagnostics of dermatomycosis;
- hematological analysis.
The following types of research are carried out:
- Express diagnosis of syphilis by micro-precipitation;
- Bacterioscopy of smears on gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, gardnerellez, yeast fungus;
- Analysis on mycelial fungus (dermatomycosis, epidermophytosis);
- Analysis on scabies mite;
General clinical tests:
- general blood count;
- general urine analysis;
- examination of feces on eggs of the worm (opisthorchiasis, ascariasis, balantidiasis, giardiasis, etc.)
- Biochemical blood tests (determination of ALT, AST, total protein, glucose, total cholesterol, urea, creatinine, total and direct bilirubin, qualitative determination of C-reactive protein, rheumatoid factor, alkaline phosphatase determination),
- Sperm examination (spermogram),
- Determination of the plasmodium of malaria,
- Counting of leukoconcentrate on LE cells,
- Analysis of juice of the prostate gland,
- Analysis on acantholytic cells,
- Analysis of feces for latent blood.
On the basis of the bacteriological laboratory of clinico-diagnostic studies, the laboratory specialists and laboratory assistants undergo specialization in express diagnostics for syphilis by micro-precipitation.
- Working hours: from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Acting Head of the laboratory – doctor, laboratory assistant Shontayeva Saule Seitkalievna
3 laboratory assistants work in the bacteriological laboratory.