The State Utility Enterprise on the Right of Economic Jurisdiction “Centre for Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases”
The Code of Ethics for the Health Worker (hereinafter referred to as the Code) is a document that defines the set of ethical norms and principles for the behavior of the medical and social worker (hereinafter health workers) in the implementation of professional medical activities. It was developed on the basis of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On people's health and the health care system” chapter 31, article 184.
This Code determines the relationship between health workers, society and the patient, and is aimed at ensuring the rights, dignity, health of the individual and society as a whole, and also determines the high moral responsibility of the health worker to society for their activities.
The Code of Ethics defines the moral responsibility of medical workers for their activities to citizens and society as a whole.
In their activity, the staff of the SUE on the REJ "Center for Dermatology and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases of Astana" (hereinafter Center) should be guided by the following moral and ethical principles:
1) must be guided by the Code;
2) to promote improvements in the health of the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) make decisions solely in the interests of the patient;
4) do not allow the commission of actions capable of discrediting the high rank of healthcare worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
5) conscientiously and efficiently perform their official duties;
6) continuously improve their professional knowledge;
7) not to be allowed, guided by considerations of personal gain, advertising and use of methods and means of prevention and treatment;
8) strictly observe labor discipline;
9) to treat carefully and effectively use the property of health organizations;
10) to resist manifestations of corruption;
11) not allow the use of official information for mercenary and other personal purposes;
12) to contribute to the creation of a stable and positive moral and psychological situation in the team by a personal example;
13) to prevent and suppress violations of Code norms by other medical workers;
14) observe the established form of clothing during the period of performing their official duties.
In dealing with patients, health workers should:
1) respect the rights, honor and dignity of a person regardless of age, sex, nationality, religion, citizenship, origin, social, official and property status or any other circumstances;
2) provide medical care to everyone who needs it;
3) always remembering your duty of preserving human life;
4) contribute to the strengthening of citizens' trust in the state healthcare system;
5) not to allow the facts of financial and other extortion in relation to patients, to make efforts to suppress such actions on the part of their colleagues;
6) do not give cause for legitimate criticism on the part of society, tolerate attitude towards it, use constructive criticism to eliminate shortcomings and improve their professional activity;
7) explain the principles of joint responsibility for the protection of one's own health.
In relations with colleagues, the employees of the Center must:
1) observe the generally accepted moral and ethical standards, be polite and correct;
2) do not refuse unselfish help and seek advice from colleagues, if the interests of the patient so require;
3) do not question the professional qualification of another medical and pharmaceutical employee;
4) to increase traditions and achievements of the Kazakh medicine;
5) observance of the Code of Honor by medical personnel is their professional duty;
6) the collective, upon the decision of the director, can consider the fact that the health worker does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Ethics and make public censure following the results of the examination.Скачать Этический кодекс